Seven Spiritual Laws of Success is a guide to fulfilling your dreams by Deepak Chopra. Chopra is a world-renowned leader in the fields of holistic health and human potential; best-selling author of numerous books and audio programs that cover every aspect of mind, body, and spirit. The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success distills the essence of Chopra’s teaching into 7 simple, yet powerful, principles that can easily be applied to create success in all areas of you life.
Manifest the divinity within you, and everything will be harmoniously arranged around it.—Swami Vivekananda
Stillness is the first requirement for manifesting your desires. Imagine throwing s little stone into a still pond and watching it ripple. I had a vision of this during my first Reiki attunement. At the time I didn’t know what it meant. That’s what you do when you go into silence and introduce your intention, it spreads out to the universe. When you are grounded in the knowledge of your true Self, you never feel fearful or insecure about money or fulfilling your desires. Wherever you go in the midst of activity, carry your stillness within you.
To Experience the Law of Pure Potentiality:
- Take time each day to be silent, to connect with your Spirit, just Be.
- Practice non-judgment.
- Commune with nature. Silently observe the intelligence within everything. Watch a sunset or listen to the ocean.
THE LAW OF GIVING AND RECEIVING
The intention behind giving and receiving is the most important thing. If we give grudgingly, there is no energy behind that giving. The gifts of caring, affection, appreciation, and love are some of the most precious gifts you can give. When you meet someone, silently give them a blessing. Silent giving is very powerful. Give wherever you go, and as you give, you’ll receive. Seek these things first…joy, love, laughter, harmony, and knowledge…not only for yourself, but for others, and all else will spontaneously come to you.
To Experience the Law of Giving and Receiving:
- Give a gift to everyone you meet whether it’s a compliment, flower, prayer, or blessing.
- Gratefully receive every gift life offers you.
- Silently wish everyone you meet happiness, joy, love, or laughter.
THE LAW OF KARMA OR CAUSE AND EFFECT
A lot of our choices are made unconsciously, and therefore we don’t think they are choices. The best way to use karmic law is to step back and witness the choices you’re making in every moment. You can make spontaneous right choices by paying attention to feelings of comfort or discomfort in your body. You can use this law to create money and the flow of all good things to you. The Law of Karma says no debt in the universe ever goes unpaid. Keep experiencing the Self, your Spirit, by going into silent meditation and coming out again.
To Experience the Law of Karma:
- Witness the choices you make in every moment.
- When you make a choice, ask yourself 2 questions: “What are the consequences of this choice?” and “Will this choice bring happiness to me and to those affected by this choice?”
- Ask your heart for guidance. If the choice feels comfortable, go ahead. If the choice feels uncomfortable, then don’t. This does not mean do not step out of your comfort zone.
THE LAW OF LEAST EFFORT (my favorite law)
The principle is to do less and accomplish more. Least effort is expended when our actions are motivated by love, because nature is held together by the energy of love. Accept people, situations, and events as they are, not as you wish they were. Do not blame anyone or anything for your situation including yourself. Relinquish the need to convince others of your point of view. (This is a big one for me).
To Experience the Law of Least Effort:
- Accept people, circumstances, and events as they are in the moment.
- Take responsibility for you situation without blaming others including yourself.
- Relinquish the need to defend your point of view. In defenselessness, you remain open to all points of view.
THE LAW OF INTENTION AND DESIRE
Energy and information exist everywhere in nature, at the level of pure consciousness. We can consciously change the energy and information of our own body, and influence the energy and information of our extended body—our environment—and cause things to manifest in it. This change is brought about by attention and intention. Our future is created by our actions in the present.
5 Steps in the Law of Intention and Desire
1. Center yourself in the silent space between thoughts…just Be.
2. Release your intentions and desires with the expectation that they will bloom when the time is right.
3. Keep your desires to yourself; do not share them with anyone else unless they are closely bonded with you.
4. Relinquish your attachment to the outcome.
5. Let the universe handle the details.
To Experience the Law of Intention and Desire:
- Make a list of your intentions and desires, and look at this list before you go into silence, before you go to sleep and when you wake up.
- Release your desires to the field of pure potentiality, trusting it to handle all the details for you.
- Practice present-moment awareness in all your actions.
THE LAW OF DETACHMENT
This law says the way to acquire anything in the universe is to relinquish our attachment to it. This doesn’t mean we give up the intention to create our desire. The moment we combine one-pointed intention with detachment to the outcome, we will have that which we desire. All we need to do is nurture our deepest intentions in our heart and go with the flow. Attachment is the melodrama of the ego. The word universe means “one song”. Your every intention or heart’s desire is like a melody in nature’s symphony.
To Experience the Law of Detachment:
- Practice detached involvement. Let go of your idea of how things should be.
- Accept uncertainty as an essential part of your experience; solutions will spontaneously appear.
- Remain open to all possibilities and enjoy every moment in the journey of your life…all the fun, mystery, and magic in the field of pure potentiality.
THE LAW OF DHARMA OR PURPOSE IN LIFE
We are spiritual beings who have taken physical form to fulfill a purpose. Dharma in Sanskrit means, “to uphold.” This law brings the preceding laws to fruition, when we master the Law of Dharma, the whole universe is on our side. Every person is a never-ending project of the universe.
3 Components of the Law of Dharma
1. Each of us is here to discover our true Self.
2. Each of us has a unique talent that we are here to express.
3. We are here to serve ur fellow human being s with our talent.
To Experience the Law of Dharma:
- Nurture the divinity within you; seek your higher Self through spiritual practice.
- Make a list of your unique talents. Then list all the things you love to do while expressing these talents.
- Ask yourself daily, “How can I help?” and “How can I serve?”
When we experience every moment of our lives as the miraculous expression of divinity, then we’ll know the true meaning of success.—Deepak Chopra
Source: The Chopra Center